Design/Build, Construction Management
Rocky River, Ohio
This charming Cape Cod-style home in Rocky River was rich in character and lacking in functionality for modern-day living. The Krueger Group renovated the home with efficiency and family-living in mind, while maintaining all of the charm and integrity the homeowners loved of the 1935 custom-built home..
On the first floor we were determined to re-focus the central spaces of this house by eliminating interior non-load bearing walls from the dark foyer and large formal dining room allowing for an open first floor family living space. For the new eat-in kitchen, new custom cabinetry accented with glass hardware was the perfect foundation for the L-shaped marble top. Additionally, recessed lighting, pendants and speakers and crown molding made for a sharp departure from the vintage metal cabinets.Rounding out the renovation the following features were added:
- Two first floor bedrooms were converted into a spacious master suite, complete with a generous bathroom and walk-in closet.
- The over-sized master bedroom on the second floor was converted into a bedroom and office.
- The dated boiler system was replaced with a forced air system throughout.
- A back hall closet was converted into built-in storage and cubbies for the homes school age children.
- The three season room was re-purposed as an extension of the living room with a new wet bar.