University Circle Inc.
Design/Build, General Contracting, Historic Renovation
University Circle, Cleveland, Ohio
The Cozad-Bates House, built in 1853, is the only pre-Civil War structure still standing in the University Circle area of Cleveland, Oh. Originally built for Justus Cozad by his father Andrew Cozad, the house as we know it today consists of the original center structure and two additions built on the front and back of the house, all of which were completed before the turn of the century. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places since 1974, it has stood empty, abandoned, and neglected for the last 15-20 years.
The Krueger Group, working under guidelines set forth by the Cleveland Restoration Society and the City of Cleveland Landmarks Commission, was tasked with restoring this Cleveland Landmark's front porch. Additionally, interior demolition of all plaster was completed, load bearing walls were shored, all debris was removed from the basement and the floor was excavated in preparation for future development.