West Side Catholic Center
Pre-Construction, General Contracting
Kaczmar Architects Inc.
The Krueger Group was the general contractor for the West Side Catholic Center’s 2017/2018 resource center expansion and renovation. Tasked with working within the existing footprint of their main drop-in facility, the re-designed drop-in center efficiently integrates and extends the fabric of this prominent Ohio City institution while addressing their need for physical space to expand their services.
Completed in phases to accommodate WSCC’s continued day-to-day operations, the complex building program scope of work involved a combined 12,425 square foot renovation of the existing facility and 4,440 square foot addition. Upon completion the facility gained the following:
- New kitchen with combination walk-in cooler/freezer and expanded pantry.
- New dining hall.
- Conference/board room.
- (7) Executive offices.
- Ample open office space.
- Expanded clothing sorting and display area.
Additional projects completed by The Krueger Group for the West Side Catholic Center include:
- Installation of a paver brick courtyard and garden in the space between the Moriah House and Zaccheus House. Constructed in a space that formerly served as a garage, the new courtyard includes a living wall, synthetic turf area, and raised planting beds.
- Complete the restoration of a former warehouse to accommodate the new home of the Moriah House. Included in the restoration was the construction of an addition for a new egress stairwell and full service kitchen.
- The initial complete renovation of the main drop-in facility in 1999. Renovations included the installation of a LULA elevator, full fire suppression system, full commercial kitchen with Ansel system, space for clothes intake and processing and a dining room.